8th Grade Math and ELA
Mrs. Faith Gold
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! I am pleased to have the opportunity to partner with you in order to have an enjoyable and productive school year. This year, I will facilitate instruction through math units providing a variety of learning activities in order that you will grow academically and “finish strong,” demonstrating growth at the end of the school year.
Students will complete and be graded on:
At least three Major Assignments per quarter (Tests, In-Depth Projects and Presentations, and other assignments)
At least four Minor Assignments per quarter (Quizzes, Small Projects, Teacher led activities, Cooperative Activities, and other assignments)
At least five Class/Homework Assignments per quarter (Daily Work Completed for Learning)
Late Work Policy
Late work is accepted for reduced credit only.
Make Up Work
I will follow the written Davidson County Policy for make up work.
Basic Behavior Expectations
- Be on time: Be in your seat when class starts
- Don’t just sit there: Begin warm up work immediately
- Be polite and respectful: Remain silent when I am giving instruction or directions
- Be polite and respectful: Focus when I am giving instructions and directions
- Raise your hand: Wait to be called on
- Listen to others: Do not interrupt
- Do your best: Complete your work the “best” that “you” are able
- Do your absolute best: Prepare for quizzes and tests
- Respect the learning environment: Pay attention during discussions
- Respect the classroom: Clean up after yourself
- Take responsibility: Do not give excuses for missing, late, or incomplete work
- Be respectful: If called down, respond with “I understand” or “Yes mam” or “Yes Mrs. Gold.” Do not argue or provide excuses at that time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me; email is the best and fastest way to contact me.