7th Grade Math
Mrs. Faith Gold
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! I am pleased to have the opportunity to partner with you in order to have an enjoyable and productive school year. This year, I will facilitate instruction through math units providing a variety of learning activities in order that students finish strong and demonstrate growth at the end of the school year.
Students will complete and be graded on:
At least three Major Assignments per quarter 50% of Grade (Tests, In-Depth Projects and Presentations, and other assignments)
At least four Minor Assignments per quarter 30% of Grade(Quizzes, Small Projects, Teacher led activities, Cooperative Activities, and other assignments)
At least five Class/Homework Assignments per quarter 20% of Grade (Daily Work Completed for Learning)
Late Work Policy
Late work is accepted for 5 days only.
Make Up Work
I will follow the written Davidson County Policy for make up work.
Basic Behavior Expectations
- Be on time: Be in your seat when class starts
- Don’t just sit there: Begin warm up work immediately
- Be polite and respectful: Remain silent when I am giving instruction or directions
- Be polite and respectful: Focus when I am giving instructions and directions
- Raise your hand: Wait to be called on
- Listen to others: Do not interrupt
- Do your best: Complete your work the “best” that “you” are able
- Do your absolute best: Prepare for quizzes and tests
- Respect the learning environment: Pay attention during discussions
- Respect the classroom: Clean up after yourself
- Take responsibility: Do not give excuses for missing, late, or incomplete work
- Be respectful: If called down, respond with “I understand” or “Yes mam” or “Yes Mrs. Gold.” Do not argue or provide excuses at that time.
- Be Prepared, Be Successful, Be Yourself!!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me; email is the best and fastest way to contact me.